It’s never really too early to start shopping for that perfect gift for your sweet thang. Candy? Flowers? Jewelry? A nice romantic night on the town? What’s a guy to do?
Easy. Stop looking at porn.
Consider the facts about porn:
- Generates approximately $1 billion annually with growth projections to $5-7 billion over the next 5 years, barring unforeseen change (NRC Report 2002)
- 74% of adult commercial sites display free teaser porn images on homepage (Child-proofing on the World Wide Web: A survey of adult web servers 2001, (NRC Report 2002)
- 345% increase in child pornography sites between 2/2001-7/2001 (N2H2, 8/01)
- 25 million Americans visit cybersex sites between 1-10 hours per week (MSNBC Survey 2000)
- The U.S. Customs Service estimates that there are more than 100,000 websites offering child pornography – which is illegal, worldwide (Red Herring Magazine, 1/18/02)
- 9 in 10 kids 8-16 yrs. have viewed porn online, mostly accidentally while doing homework (UK News Telegraph, NOP Research Group, 1/07/02)
Women are beautiful—because that’s the way God made them. We are naturally attracted to them. (If you’re not, then there is probably another website out there that can help you with that problem.) But for all those that are attracted to women, we need to put into perspective women’s beauty. Our flesh seeks to distort and destroy God’s ultimate plan for relationships between men and women. He did not create women for us to be able to click onto a poorly designed and cheesy website and look at them naked. He did not craft the woman’s body so we could pay $3.95 a month to look at naughty pictures. There is so much more to God’s plan.
You need to understand that attraction is from God’s heart, but lust is from ours. And the guys at XXXChurch have some great resources for addressing that lust. And not just for men. Women. Parents. Students. And, yes, kids. You owe it to yourself, your family, your marriage, and your friends to check them out.
Check out the No Ho Pledge, the Prayer Wall, the Porn Patrol, and all the great stuff at XXXChurch.