The first-ever tomcottar(dot)org online contest was a great success! Great creativity! After much consideration in a difficult situation I realized a few things.
1. I should have been more congnizant of Buffy (Spike Is My Personal Example) and Fight Club (Soap Inspires Mindless Pummeling of Enemies). Dang.
2. Personal emails sent to me asking "Is this right?….." followed by a ton of guesses, don’t count as official contest entries.
3. It’s gonna cost me a hefty sum to send this stuff to our winner.
4. Living is easier after rendering fat.
So…are you ready? Waiting with baited breath? Can you feel the anticipation? The winner is……..a great guy. He got closer than anyone and missed it by a hair. For that reason, I need to tell you that S.I.M.P.E. stands for Spiritual, Intellectual, Mental, Physical and Emotional. Congratulations, Jimmie! Your box of goodies will be packed up and mailed to you on Monday!
UPDATE: Here is an updated pic of my process, though not yet complete, with sticky notes and reminders of goals and priorities for a fat-free life. Some of the stickys are scribbled with things such as the following:
- date night
- 1-on-1 time with the boys
- finish your book
- books to read
- leaders to mentor/develop (By Design and Student Ministry)
- get the ‘I’ out of worship (this one applies to SIMPE, BY DESIGN, and STUDENT MINISTRY…)
- Houston or Austin Marathon
- be faithful to accountability partners
- schedule a Sabbath
- UPALO (Unplug and Log Off)