During the COVID-19 pandemic, many of us feel like we’re navigating a dark period.
Here are 6 truths to help keep us grateful, hopeful and strong
- Know that this too shall pass. Winters always yield to Spring. It’s just the way the world works. Fear and anxiety right now may feel a lot like Winter… but Spring will come.
2. Trust that this chaos will remake us into wiser, more creative, and braver people. Be confident that what comes next will be amazing.
3. That which makes us scared has simply activated pre-existing fear. This pandemic hasn’t changed us, it’s only exposed us. If it wasn’t there before, it wouldn’t be triggered now. Remember that an hysterical response comes from an historical wound. Now is a good time to heal the cuts that have limited you.
4. The job of an historic leader is to bring vision and courage to scared people. To stand for undefeatability while others are in panic. Find a group of people who will strengthen your courage and help you be a force of steadiness for others around you.
5. Maintain perspective. History shows that tragic events happen. Human beings unite. Innovation and invention increase. Solutions are found. And society advances. Thus far, the human race is undefeated.
6. Heroism isn’t a natural gift. It’s a trained result. By asking yourself the question “How would my best self show up today?”, you’ll be headed in the right direction. But don’t be afraid to ask for help along the way.
Those are my six. What would you add?